- ALREADY SUBSCRIBED?
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO SUPPORT BONJOUR PARIS
Support us and get full, unlimited access to all our content for a year for just 60 USD.
Please enter your details below to gain full, unlimited access to Bonjour Paris.
Cornish Hens with Herbes de Provence ~ Poussins aux Herbes de Provence
This versatile Poussins aux Herbes de Provence recipe can be the centerpiece at an elegant dinner party, buffet or picnic. Très savoureux.
- 6 Cornish Hens, rinsed and patted dry
- 6 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Season the Cornish hens with salt and pepper. Place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the olive oil and the lemon juice together and pour over the hens.
- Allow the hens to rest at room temperature for three hours before you put them in the oven to roast. Turn them every once in a while to keep them coated with the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Take the hens out of the marinade and place them in a roasting pan. Stuff each cavity with some basil leaves. Reserve the marinade.
- Smear each hen with 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Place the hens in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a bowl and whisk in the vinegar, garlic and herbes de Provence.
- After 15 minutes of roasting at 450F, reduce the heat to 350F.
- Continue roasting the hens for 45 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Debra Fioritto contributes delicious French recipes to Wednesday issues of BonjourParis. Click on her name to read more about her Tour de Forks culinary tours or to collect the many recipes she has shared here.
Would you like to submit a story or request a story topic? Your stories & ideas welcome.
NEW: exclusive content for subscribers in every newsletter. Subscribe for free.
Top 100 Readers’ Favorite Amazon.com Items. (Please wait for Amazon.com widget to load)
Want more? View our recommended France-themed books & items. Most recent listings at last pages.
Save 10% on your return trip
PARIS SHUTTLE is a leading Paris airport transfer service. Book your airport transfers in advance online for direct to-your-door service.